Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Iceburg!



Iceberg!
My name is Melissa Scott and I am one of the few third class passengers who survived the R.M.S. Titanic’s tragic death. Now let me tell you my story.
~
The year was 1912 and my family and I were missionaries who had decided that we would go to America to tell them about our Lord Jesus Christ. Of course we were not very wealthy, but we could afford 3rd class tickets on the R.M.S. Titanic. We were so excited! I was fourteen when we boarded the Titanic, and my little brother William had just turned nine, he was the most excited about or voyage and chatted non- stop about the amazing structure of the Titanic. He wanted to be a builder when he grew up so he was amazed with the Titanic; it was the greatest ship of our day!
   The third class cabins were filled with people, and we were all so crowded! We were not allowed to go on the second or third class decks so it got extremely stuffy in our cabin! One of the evenings I decided to sneak up to second class to get some air. As I was standing on the deck, I heard glorious music coming from the ball room! I sneaked up into the room to see people dancing a waltz and violinists and pianists playing music! The room was absolutely majestic! As I was caught up looking at the splendid room and musicians, one of the security guards spotted me, I ran out of the room as fast as I could and flew down the ships staircase!
“Get that girl!” screamed one of the guards.
Half a dozen guards ran after me and then one of them finally caught me by the arm.
“Let me go!” I yelled.
“Where do you think you are doing up here missy?” asked one of the guards with a scowl on his face, “I know you are from third class, and I also know that you know you are not sup post to be up here.”                           
“ I was trying to get some fresh air!” I said with a smirk, “your conditions in third class are quite unpleasant.”
“That’s because you people in third class are quite unpleasant” said the man mocking me.
“You have no right to talk to me like that!” I hollered.
The guard just snorted.
“I am going to take you to your parents and make sure you have a severe punishment!” he said.
When my parents found out what I had done they were very displeased. As punishment I was not to step foot out of our cabin for one whole week, I will be miserable!
~
April 14, 1912
Today is my birthday! I am sad that we are not on land for my birthday sense I have been feeling ill lately, I think I might be getting see- sick! My parents had brought my birthday presents on board and I was so excited to open them. The fist present I opened was from William, it was Oliver Twist, a book a had wanted for a while know! I could not wait to read it! The second gift I received was from my parents was a beautiful blue lace shawl and a blue purse to match!
“It will look good with your blue eyes!” said my papa.
“Thank you so much,” I said, “I absolutely love them!”
A few moments later while I was reading my book. We felt a jolt and I went flying on my head! I hit my head on the floor hard!
“OUCH!” I screamed in pain, “What was that!”
My mother came and wrapped my head in some bandage, it was bleeding rather badly.
My papa looked very worried about the jolt. Was something wrong with the ship? What was going on? My papa went up to talk to a worker on the ship and ask him what happened.
“Nothing serious, sir,” the man replied, but he looked like he had worry in his eyes. “ we are just having some difficulties but everything will be fine!” most of the people went back to whatever they were, but my papa told me, my mother, and William to go up and hide on the upper deck.”
“But we are not allowed up there,” said my mother.
“Go now,” said my father, “I have a feeling something is wrong with this ship, and I want you to be safe. If something is wrong they will help the first and second class passengers and they will forget about the third class.
“Why would they forget about us?” said William.
“Because our society does not care about poorer people!” answered papa.
“Come with us!” I said.
“I will come later!” said papa.
 We all gave hugs and then we were off to the top deck.
~
My papa was right; the ship had hit an ice-burg!  He was also right about the third class; barely any third class passengers survived the Titanic's crash. The workers made no attempt to save the third class. Thankfully my papa sent my family up to the upper deck ware we entered one of the first life boats. I do not remember what happened in the boats, because I passed out from my injured head. I am grateful that I was not awake to hear the dreadful cries and screams of the people dying in the freezing waters. My papa was probably one of those people, he did not survive, and I am filled with unbelievable pain, but I am thankful that the Lord let me survive this horror!  I am glad to know that my father was most certainly not one of the men screaming in the water, because he had peace of where he was going- Heaven. It fills my heart with joy to know that I will see my father again when I reach Heaven also. In the meantime I will try to put the sinking of the Titanic behind me and move on with my life, even thought I know my life will never be the same. Thank you for reading my story!
                                                             The End

8 comments:

  1. Your story gave me goosebumps! I loved it! I was totally enthralled with the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written. It brought tears to my eyes. :)
    I love your blog and I have followed.

    ~Abilaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love your blog! It is soooo creative and gr8!!! U r beautiful, inside and out!!! I saw that u followed the online story club, which i am an author on, and i wanted to stop by yours!!! I would love to have u stop by my blog:

    dancing2praisehim.blogspot.com

    Thanks!!!!

    Smiles,

    Noelle : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! That means so much to me:) I am going to follow your blog! It is really cool:)

      Delete
  4. The Lord has given you such amazing talent, Brittney. This story should be published, it is powerful!! Keep on writing, I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep all comments pleasing to the Lord!